Monday, January 3, 2011

2011

I'm a little late I know, but I wanted to wish each and every one of you the happiest of new years. May your year be full of blessings.

We had our very first party this year, albeit a small casual event. Family and close friends attended, good food, good company and that's all that counts.

The kids had a blast and thought it was so cool to be swimming late at night.

With quite a few youngsters we had our New Year countdown a few hours earlier. I think many of the kids wondered what was actually going on. I handed out party poppers and whistles, turned out All of the lights and we brought in the new year with a very loud bang!! The kids finished off with sparklers and running around hugging and kissing everyone.

What a beautiful start to a new year!

I also wanted to thank those of you that participated in Christmas Fun this year. What a treasure trove of ideas we now have collected for future reference.

For Christmas 2011 I was thinking of theming each weeks, link up so that it is a little more organised. So for example, one week of crafts, one week of traditions, but keeping the links open for the entire month leading up to Christmas. I'd dearly love your feedback on that though so please leave me a comment with your thoughts.

I am planning on an Easter Fun 2011 Link Up starting a few weeks before Easter. This is an important time of year for many and I know that there will be a myriad of ideas on crafting, lesson plans and activities floating around the blogosphere. So keep your eye out for Easter Fun 2011.

We had a beautiful holiday just before Christmas and finally the deluge that hit us here in Queensland seems to have passed. I am happily enjoying some lovely family time (mostly in and around the pool) so blogging here will be very light on (if at all) over the next couple of weeks. I might try and post some of our holiday snaps, maybe.

In between swimming I am doing my annual organising, tidying, sorting and preparing the house and our 'school' for 2011, definitely keeping busy I tell you.

Now I'm off to visit some of my fave blogs that I haven't visited in nearly 3 weeks, withdrawals I tell you LOL!!




7 comments:

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Happy New Year! I wanted to let you know that we received your package over Christmas break, and I will put up my own Pay It Forward post next week.

Leptir (NataĊĦa) said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR KYLIE!

asliceofsmithlife said...

Happy New year Kylie! Glad you had a great and fun new year's celebration! I must be living in a bubble because I didn't know about the flooding and my brother lives in Australia too ( I forget which part-shame on me!)
Enjoy your pool time and happy schooling and organizing! Oh, and organizing the seasonal fun link ups by theme is a great idea I think! I look forward to Easter's Link ups!

asliceofsmithlife said...

PS: I clicked a vote for you on the Picket Fence and I just saw you are right behind me on the ranking list :)The "race" is on! Ha! Ha!

Marsha Cooper said...

Happy New Year to you too! I'm looking for a homeschool blog hop to participate in weekly and ran across your blog. Can you tell me if your blog hop is still going? Thanks!

Debbie said...

Ahhh, swimming sounds so nice right now! I did receive the Pay it Forward package, and I sent you an email Dec. 15 to let you know and to thank you! : ) Maybe you didn't receive it? I'll send it again just so you'll know what I said. : ) Happy New Year to you!

Anonymous said...

what a absolute awesome way to bring in the NY.

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a lovely comment :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Design by: Relevant Designs